About my Blog!

Here, I will share my adventures and prayer requests :)
Please subscribe by clicking the follow button on the bottom right hand corner!

“My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.” Psalm 73:26

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Church, Folklore & USA game




I know I am not done writing about Rome yet, I am still working on it....its long crazy adventure haha.
but today was good. I have to share it.

A few days ago I contacted this girl on facebook named Saskia. She met my rly good friend Beth in the USA when she was a foreign exchange student there. She lives a few hours away from Erfurt. I haven't rly met any christians here in Germany yet, so I was talking to her about that and how she handles it and she searched for a church in Erfurt and sent me the link. Since we stayed in Erfurt this weekend, I felt that it would be the perfect time to go meet some christians here!
I didn't rly want to go by myself, and since my roommate Ariel is a strong Christian, I invited her to go with me.....okay okay, more like guilt tripped her, kind of? haha. I know visiting churches is not the most fun thing to do, especially when we knew we wouldnt understand the pastor's message. But I told her that we needed to find some community and I knew God really wanted us to go.
So even though it took Ariel 30mins to get out of bed....we went to bed late last night and she was rly tired....God gave us strength to go this morning! Church started at 10...but we kind of left late and got lost finding it....we arrived after the message....but got to experience some worship and some prayer. It was great! Afterwards they had some coffee and soup for the people.
Ariel loves coffee and since it was free, that made her morning! She tried the soup too! The church is helping refugees from Pakistan and that was the way from the refugees to say thank you, by making the soup. This old lady came up to us and said hello and talked in german and since it was basic german I got to introduce ourselves and told her where we were from and so on. And at some point I had to tell her we spoke english since I couldnt understand anymore haha. But she knew english! so I told her that we wanted to meet some of their college students and hopefully go to their meetings since we are not really here on the weekends. At first I didnt think she understood, since she said "yall go to the college here in Erfurt?" but she did because she introduced us to three wonderful college students that happily told us about their meetings and were supper friendly and got to connect and told us about the missions theyve had with their church and all this awesome stuff! So we will hopefully go to the wednesday meeting no this week, since we wont be here, but next wednesday! Everyone seemed so nice. A few people also came by to introduce themselves, including the pastor! They had good english too! :)
After that since we were out already, we went to the center of Erfurt to check out the dance festival that we had heard about! It turned out to be so great!!! We got to enjoy watching traditional dances of Germany, Spain and Korea! Ariel is from Korea, so she LOVED it! And I did too. I had never seen any of those dances before. Their costumes of all the countries were so pretty. The dances so vivid and colorful and cute!
I ate a bratwurst, I love bratwursts! Each region within germany has its own kind and Thuringean Bratwurst is SO good!
So after the festival we headed back and it was around 1 or 2. idk
Washed some of my clothes by hand and hanged it, felt productive.
idk what else i did.
skyped with my mom for a bit
and then headed out to see USA vs Brazil! Penalty kicksssss and USA won! Such an intense game! So good!
I was the only one watching at the cafe we went to. I went with two friends and they both ended up leaving before the intense part, America, please learn to watch soccer! Fortunately, we went with this lady that we had met the day before that works here in their International Exchange Department, so I stayed with her and we screamed and had fun! She also taught me the soccer terminology in German!
The game was so good, I could probably write about it haha but that would make this too long lol
Anyways, after that I worked on my project with my group.
And  then skyped with my friend Ashley and Beth. Then skyped with my parents and then my uncle Cesar!
And then chatted with my friend Tinie! :)
God is good.
Today felt so long and just wonderful!
GO USA! they play against France on wed by the way. Semi final game! France apparently is good too.
and yeah Germany lost yesterday....thats another story. hah

Anyways, I promise Rome blog coming soon! haha
sneak peak: we went through security twice and checked-in all within 5mins and didnt miss our flight even though we were so late! and yes more running. and we lost our train from Frankfurt to Erfurt....
but yes, happy ending haha

Oh and I realized that no one could rly comment so I changed the setting on my blog and anyone can comment now, so please do :)
You can even do anonymous if you want, but rly? haha

Goodnightttt

pray for my roommates, all 5 of them.
pray for my project tuesday
and for berlin trip with everyone from wednesday til sunday
pray that God will keep showing His love to everyone through me
pray for my next class, is supposed to be 1084032840284times harder.
pray for my dearest friends in Austin: Christina, Cherokee, Ashley, Beth, Elizabeth, Samantha
Pray for my friend in China: Conne
Pray for Gab in Venezuela and my missionary friend to Del Rio/Mx Border Kelly


Blessings,
Cynth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Cynthia,